Welcome To Our BlogWhile my business is a HUGE part of my life so are a lot of other things like family, crafting, travel, cooking and vintage items. This is the place where I get to share those things. Thanks for reading!
Folks We Love
Visit Us On Etsy
Sign up for our newsletter
Searchin’ For Something?
Tag Archives: Fall Gardening
1. Cleaning - Last night I got the fry bug, ie. the insatiable urge to fry everything I could find. I should note that I don’t fry things. Well not often. The last thing I fried was tostones, and I think the time before that was two Christmas’s ago when I made Struffoli. There are two reasons I don’t fry things. 1. Fried food isn’t good for you. and 2. It makes my house smell like fried food and I hate it.
That said in 90+ degree weather we turned off the AC, opened up all the windows and put a box fan in front of the open back door, and I fried for a good two hours. I asked Bill to turn up the living room ceiling fan which usually remains on in the low setting. As soon as he turned it on our living room, Bill, myself and our poor Sam dog were covered in a light, puffy layer of dust. This is my cue that we need to deep clean our house, soon.
Also if you’re curious about what I fried, I made these “Chick-Fil-A” style nuggets, which were less like Chick-Fil-A than I had hoped, still good though. I also fried up some okra (slightly failed at this one) and french fries.
2. Niagara Falls - I’ve been slowly going through our photos from our tour of the Northeast. We did a short evening trip to Niagara Falls since Bill had only ever seen it in the winter. I’ve gone countless times but it never ceases to amaze me. It also proves for some very quality people watching. I shot tons of photos, but this one makes me very happy.
It reminded me of this photo which was taken in the winter, the last time we were in Buffalo together, before we were married, a completely different season.
3. Quilts - I am finally starting a new quilt. I’ve been collecting fabrics for it, most of them are from Paper Thread Fabrics, who I just love buying fabric from. It’s another strip quilt, like the grey one I’ve been working on, but smaller strips, more fabrics, and more colors. I’ll post pictures soon.
4. Fall Garden - Our tomatoes are just about done producing for the year, so I’ll be pulling them out soon. The peppers will probably continue to produce through the fall so they’ll stay put. In the mean time I’ve been trying to figure out what to plant. I really like this website, you can put in your zip code, it’ll tell you your planting zone and then it will tell you what you can plant and when. Amazing.
5. Life is kinda boring right now so I don’t have a number five.