How Our Photo Sessions Work
The Session Consult
Before your session we do a consult over the phone where we go over ideas for your session, location, clothing, props, theme, etc. With every session I really try to bring aspects of you (and your family) into the theme of the session. Often times I collect or create special props for your shoot based on the consult. I also want to get to know you a bit before your session, this is artwork we’re creating together with you as the subject.
There’s no time limit, there’s no outfit limit. I shoot until we feel like we’ve gotten everything we can. I do ask that you be on time for your session and come ready to start.
The Ordering Meeting
After the session I take your images, choose the best of the best, edit them and post 30-40 of the best images on your own online gallery. I try to have all sessions edited within two weeks of the session, but it usually happens a bit sooner since I can’t wait to get my hands on the images. Then we get together for an ordering meeting where you can see many of the products we offer in person and you can place your print and product order. We usually do these meetings in the client’s home because this gives you an opportunity to show me walls in your home you might want to put prints on. We take a photo of the wall, do some measurements and then superimpose some image options with the appropriate sizes for the wall so you can see what it will look like before you even order!
Other Things to Note
- We have a list of studio policies that you must read and sign before we do your photo session, we’ll e-mail them over to you. Basically its a bunch of legal things and common sense things like being on time for your session.
- Your session fee is due at the time you book (see below for fees).
- We typically book one session a day, around sunrise or sunset, on the weekdays. There is an additional fee of $45 for weekend sessions.
- Yes, we’ll always post a few web quality photos on Facebook to share with friends.
- Our business is 99% referral based, if your friend books a session we would like to thank you with a $25 print credit (good towards any photo prints).
How To Book Your Session
Contact us! It’s that simple. We’ll discuss what you have in mind for your session and schedule a date as well as give you all the other information you need about your session and your photos.
The Session Fees
For The Love of Couples Sessions – Great for engagement portraits, maternity photos, or as a romantic experience for you and your loved one. $145 (plus tax)
Senior Sessions – Perfect for high school or college seniors. $145 (plus tax)
Family Ties Sessions – Perfect for families, newborns, and babies. Update your family photos or get great pictures for your holiday cards. $165 (Up to 5 people, $25 per person after the first five.)
To Be Wed Sessions – Wedding coverage is all about you and your needs. We’ve done away with packages and will meet with you to figure out your needs and wants and how we can help mark some to do items off your very long list. Please send us an e-mail and we can chat.
Corporate Photography & Head Shots – We can handle all kinds of corporate photography, from product shots to shots of your store or location to head shots of your people. Contact us for individualized pricing