I’m so excited (and nervous) to finally announce that I will be teaching a beginner photography class which will be open to anyone who wants to attend. I’ve had tons of clients ask me about it and I can tell you all, after years and years it’s going to happen. Below are all the details.
WHERE WHEN ETC.
- The location will be sent to you after we receive your registration (more on that below), but it will be in the Spring, TX area
- The date is Saturday, October 18, 2014 from 9am-3pm
- A light breakfast and lunch will be provided
- This class is limited to people 17 and older
- There will not be child care
WHAT WILL BE TAUGHT
- How to shoot on manual (ie. how to use your camera to take better pictures)
- Photography techniques
- Understanding light and how to shoot in different lighted situations (outside, inside, in dark areas, at night etc.)
- We will do a hands on mini photo shoot where we will review your images
- You’ll also receive a take home book which will be filled with tips, tricks and cheat sheets from what you’ll learn in the class
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR
- This class is for the beginner or amateur home photographer
- This class is not for professional photographers
- If you want to take better photos at home, this is for you
- If you want to understand your camera better, this is for you
- If you want to understand light and composition better, this is for you
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- You should own or have access to a digital SLR camera (also called a DSLR), there are tons of brands and varieties, but basically you’ll need to have more settings on your camera than just an automatic setting
- A desire to learn about photography
- A complete things-to-bring list will be sent to you after you register
HOW TO REGISTER
- You can click here which will lead you to a form to register
- Your payment will need to be made in full to secure your spot
- Space is limited to 10 students so please make sure you register early
- You can make your payment via paypal using a paypal account or credit card
- The cost of the class is $250 which includes the 6 hour crash course, your cheat sheet book, a light breakfast, and lunch
Please note this class is not for amateur professional photographers. Our goal is not to teach people how to become professional photographers, we are teaching how to better use your camera and take better memories at home, on vacations, during holidays and at kids’ sports games and performances, places you may not always have a professional photographer handy.
That said, being a professional photographer is very hard. Mastering the art takes years of classes, practice, studying under other great photographers and continuing education. The market is saturated with tons of photographers and competition is very tough, especially when many of them give their work away, it’s hard to compete with free much less make a living. I say all this not to steer you away or discourage you, but I just want to be sure folks are coming to this class with the proper expectations of what it will be.
That said, if you’re wanting to learn more about the photography industry and how to make it a business I can definitely steer you in the right direction. I’ve had several amazing mentors that still mentor me to this day and they offer fantastic teaching tools for new professional photographers, or those considering it as a career choice. We’re also always looking for great photo assistants when Bill can’t make a session, and that is the best way to learn. SO if that’s what you’re looking for, let’s talk.
ANNNND A LITTLE MORE INFO…
For a limited time we’re offering $50 off your registration! This is for the early birds only and the coupon will expire September 3, 2014. Please use the coupon code EARLYBIRD50 during registration.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.